Monday, November 30, 2009

Better late than never =)



Whew!!! What a week...it went by WAY to fast. My parents left Sunday morning at 4:30am...yes, AM! They are a bit crazy. But its a long drive and I understand them wanting to beat traffic and get home at a decent hour since they have to work tomorrow. But I miss them already. (and they got stuck in traffic on I-70 for two hours, not moving an inch. Luckily they packed food and had their books and it was a nice day!!)



We had a wonderful few days with them...eating, playing LOTS of games, talking, going on walks and decorating our house for Christmas. One of my favorite traditions is to have them come down and help us decorate. It not only gets done fast, but it is fun to have them help and give ideas. And its so relaxing having them here. We don't feel like we have to entertain...we just sit around and relax...love it!


Of course this was Jayne's first Christmas so we all walked over to the Christmas tree farm and picked out our tree. Dad and Jared then walked it back to our house (it wasn't far, but was funny to watch!). By 5pm that night "Santa threw up" as Jared put it, all over our house. And it was beautiful! My parents also bought Jayne her very own *fake* Christmas tree for her room...lights, tree skirt and all. They also got one of those 25 day of Christmas thingys where she will open a different door each day in December and get a surprise. (They are tiny ornaments for her tree, but "shhhhhh" don't tell her!). It is beautiful at night and we use it as her nightlight for now. She is mesmerized by the lights as we rock her at bedtime. It is so cute. I hope Christmas is her favorite time of year, although since its mine, she may not have a choice!



We made a delicious turkey from a recipe in the Sam's Club circular...sounded so yummy I had to try it. It was so easy to do, kinda messy which I loved, and turned out to really be delicious. We all enjoyed it and had enough leftovers for a turkey pot-pie and hot turkey sandwiches for the next couple days. needless to say, I'm turkey'd out!!


My parents of course had tons of Jayne time too...my mom would get up with us in the morning while the boys slept in and one day she even took over morning play time so I could go back to sleep. So nice! Mom & dad also helped give her bottles at night, give her a bath and get her to bed. Which I know they hated ;) Jayne was so excited for Grandma & Grandpa to be here that she even boycotted her naps on Wed. Yikes! We had one tired little girl on our hands that night, but she was still pretty good and she fell right back into routine for the next few days...which left us lots of time to play euchre and the "train game".



My dad also took a bunch of pictures for us so we could get our Christmas card going. It is SO hard to get a little one to look at the camera...my mom was doing all kinds of silly things trying to get Jayne to smile or look. We took tons of pictures and of course only a couple turned out, which is fine. As long as we get one, right??!! I can't wait to go home for Christmas. I love my parent’s house at Christmas. It is so warm, festive and inviting. Just a few more weeks. (21 days to be exact!!)



- T -

No comments: