Monday, December 7, 2009

6 Months Old


Our sweet baby Jayne is six months old today! I am in shock at how quickly the time goes...I don't think I will ever get over it. How can it be that my baby is half a year old already?


Jayne is growing up before our very eyes. Every day is a new adventure for her and below are a few bullet points on whats going on in her life these days...

  • still sleeping 12-13 hrs at night (Praise Jesus, we are so blessed for this!)
  • still fights day time naps, but is getting better
  • is eating solids three times a day (started with rice cereal but have now added sweet potatoes, which she seems to like! I am also trying my hand at homemade baby food, we'll see how it goes!)
  • she LOVES watching our three cats. Whenever they walk by or are near her she stares at them, coos/squeals and if they are close enough, grabs them. They have no idea whats coming when she starts crawling!
  • she tolerates tummy time pretty well these days and is beginning to move her legs under her more often. If we place her on her knees she will stay up for about 30 seconds before lowering herself to her belly
  • she puts EVERYTHING into her mouth
  • she loves to chew on my clothes, any blanket or burp cloth
  • she has a special smile just for her daddy. Whenever he walks into a room or comes home from work her whole face lights up in recognition
  • she loves playing with her toes, hasn't made them to her mouth yet, but I'm sure that is coming soon!
  • she is so happy all the time, except from about 3-530pm...that's her witching hour when she wants to be held and entertained
  • she LOVES to be outside...she loves trees and birds
  • she is a great eater, although now that we've added solids she's switching things up on me!


    Our lives have changed so much over the past six months...all for the better. I believe Jared & I are better people today b/c of Jayne. She is pure joy...my heart in human form. It excites me to see the world through her eyes. I only pray that we continue to grow in God and teach her as best we can. I saw a onsie today in Baby Gap...it said "Best Present Ever" with a picture of a Christmas present...*I did not buy it*, but it made me smile. Jayne is truly the best present Jared & I have ever given each other. I pray the next six months go by slower, that we take time to enjoy every moment *the good, the bad & the ugly*. Before we know it, this season of our lives will have passed and it will be a distant memory. Before too long our baby girl will be crawling, walking, running. She won't want to be rocked to sleep or cuddled...so we need to take the time to do those things now. We can already tell that she has an adventurous, independent spirit. We pray that the Lord allows us to encourage that in her. We are so thankful that God chose us to be her parents. That He entrusted her to us to raise in His image. Those are big shoes to fill and we lean on Him daily!

    - T -



















    *six month doctor appt is Wed....check back for her stats!

      1 comment:

      Anonymous said...

      She is just perfect!!!