Today was Jayne's 9 month well baby check up. As I predicted, she is only in the 10th percentile for weight. She is just a little petite thing and I love it!! Although she is only in the 10th percentile we (as in me and the doctor) are not worried at all b/c she is growing on track for herself. She is in the 25 percentile for height and 50th for head circumference. I know a lot of people may think that by keeping up with the percentages I'm judging Jayne against the "norm", but I'm not. I just like to watch her growth according to her own chart. I've learned pretty quickly that all babies are not the same and some will have more hair or teeth or walk earlier or later than others or are taller/smaller...and its okay. Each is an individual and should be judged that way. As long as the doctor is happy...I'm happy!
Jayne had to get one shot today to catch her up to where she should be and she took it like a champ! She has four more shots to get over the next 12-15 months and then she'll be caught up on everything by 2 years old. We haven't delayed anything, its just how the doctors office does it which works for me. I hate when she has to get 3-4 shots at a time, poor thing! But overall she continues to do so well and knock on wood, hasn't been sick in 9.5 months!!! She is eating more and more table food and I'm even thinking about stopping baby food completely over the next few weeks. She loves to feed herself anyways and is always grabbing for our food. I wont start any kind of seafood or eggs or milk until after her 1 year check up though...but anything else is pretty much a green light! I also discussed Jayne's sleep habits with the doctor who recommended that we try moving to one nap a day. I've already received feedback from some other moms that this isn't done until after 1 year....but Jayne sleeps at least 13 hours a night and takes one 45-90 minute nap in the morning and then refuses to take an afternoon nap. So to me its worth a shot. I'd love to have a good chunk of time to get things done but most importantly she needs to have adequate rest in the afternoon otherwise she gets cranky. So, I think it will be good for her...now to just start the process! I have to admit, I'm a little scared at how she'll do with my moving her morning nap but we'll soon see (I may procrastinate a little!)
Our little baby is growing up so fast. Over the course of the three weeks I was in Ohio, Jayne learned to pull herself up, cruise around furniture and climb stairs. She is into everything!!! And I LOVE this stage so much. She is a little mimic and will copy the sounds we make and when we ask her "where is Grandpa?" she points to my dad! She will point to my mom occasionally when we ask "where is Grandma ?", but always does it with my dad...so cute! And wont point to me or Jared when we ask where momma or daddy is! She also now sleeps with a little bunny stuffed animal and blanket I made her. It is so cute to see her all snuggled up, butt in the air, with these at bedtime. I love this little girl so much...she brightens my day =)
- T -
2 comments:
Thanks for the nice comment on my blog :) Jayne has the prettiest eyes! Now I'm looking forward for my little one to turn 9 months old- what a fun age!
Love all of the pictures from the last week or so. Hard to believe she's 9 months already. I'm glad your Dad is ok and that you made it home safely!
Post a Comment