Whew, what a day. Today was a bad mommy day for me. Jayne's top front teeth are still making their way down and I pray that her mood is due to that and this isn't becoming a "norm" for her. It was a rough day with no naps, not eating well and major whiny fits. She was extremely needy and I couldn't put her down pretty much all day (until I met friends for dinner, then she was of course an angel). I kept praying for patience and understanding that she is probably in pain and cant tell me or do anything about it and the best I could do was to hold her and love on her. Poor baby...I cant imagine how much it must hurt to have all these teeth coming in at different intervals. Yuck!
Earlier this week Jayne had a couple big falls. The joys of learning to walk and stand on your own! I've been trying to help her stand (with my hands ready to catch her) and she's done pretty well with going from standing to sitting or falling gently forward catching herself with her hands. But occasionally she just leans back stiff as a board style and falls backwards. I of course am there to catch her. But for some reason she has been doing this when holding onto furniture, window sills, etc. On wed she fell back, stiff as a board while letting go of our ottoman...onto the wood floor. The hard wood floor, on her head. It was horrible as I watched it happen in slow motion and couldn't get to her fast enough. I was on the phone with my mom and just hung up on her! Jayne was okay, cried big crocodile tears and cried the kind of cry where she couldn't catch her breath. I held an icepack to her head and sang/rocked her and she was fine in minutes. Big goose egg though! Not more than an hour later she took a face dive on our bathroom tile floor and had a huge red bruise on the side of her face. Luckily both the bruise and goose egg where gone the next day. I think I might invest in a helmet if this continues =)
Jayne is getting more ticklish lately too...I can get her pretty good under arms where she belly laughs and then when I blow raspberries on her belly or feet she giggles. Melt my heart kind of giggles. Its these moments I cling to when we're having a rough day.And all I have to do is look into these adorable eyes and know every moment, good, bad, crabby or happy...is worth it!
- T -
No comments:
Post a Comment