Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Yesterday was Jayne's 12 month doctors appt. As always Jared & I took bets on how much she would weigh. He guessed 19lbs 5oz...I guessed she wouldn't weigh over 18lbs....

I won!!! Our little peanut is 17lbs 12oz and right on the edge of the 5th percentile and 29.5" long. Petite and long as the doctor said! Dr. B wasn't worried yet, but if she drops down any lower she may begin to be! Jayne eats an amazing amount of food and drinks a lot of milk so she must just have a really high metabolism! Other than that everything was perfect and Dr. B was very happy with her progress. Even though Jayne doesn't say any words yet she does know four signs and will point to things she wants. Dr. B said that signs count as words, so I was happy with that. She also "jargons" a lot....sounds like she has her own language, which Dr. B was impressed by. She was also pretty impressed that Jayne can point to her ear, eye, mouth, head, feet & nose on command...on herself and others. Dr. B recommended that we start teaching Jayne the sign for "hurt" or "owie" b/c at this age they get bumps and bruises, ear infections easily and this will help us figure out what she needs. So we're working on it! She received one shot of chicken pox and will receive one shot at each appt. until the age of two. We decided only to give her one shot at a time b/c she's growing so much but is still itty bitty so we don't want to overload her little system. But she'll catch up by age two. Dr. B also reminded us that Jayne isn't close to the 20lbs needed to turn the car seat forward facing and that it might not be until after her 15month appt. Silly tiny love!!

My parents arrive today and Jared's mom tomorrow to celebrate Jayne's bday. We're having a barbecue on Saturday with some of Jayne's little friends, but mostly our friends! Can't wait to see what she does with her cake!!
Sad news...on Monday I was trying to take Jayne's 12 month photos and my camera just died on me. It either wont focus or takes pictures with half of it being black. Even though I have been saving for a new one, I was hoping ti could be fixed and took ti to a camera shop. Not such luck, it would be $300-400 bucks to fix it which just isn't worth it. I was so sad thinking I wouldn't get good picts of Jayne's party, but I was lucky enough to find the camera i want was coming in on a truck to Best Buy on Friday so I bought it and just have to pick it up. Just in time for the party! Fate pushed my hand a little to buy it but with all we have going on thsi summer I'm excited to have this camera to use! RIP Canon Rebel XTI...you served me well for 6 years!

- T -

No comments: