First pigtails!!
Yup, that's right I said 15 MONTHS!!! Where has the time gone?? Jayne had her check-up today and everything was perfect! We were weighed, checked, given shots and had blood taken and she was a trooper through it all. We had a few tears with the shots and the giving blood part was a little traumatic only b/c the lady doing it didn't seem to be very good with kids. But Jayne made it through and had a band-aid finger to prove it =)
15 Month Stats
- 19.8 lbs (told the doc we already turned her car seat around...ooops!!)
- 30" tall
- 46 cm head circumference (guess that's good???)
Jayne is still only at the 5th percentile for weight but as always the doc isn't worried b/c she is growing for her. I was so happy today was "doctor day" b/c about 20 minutes before heading to our appt. Jayne tripped on the landing of our stairs and slammed (and I do mean slammed) her poor little nose directly into the edge of one stair. Carpeted or not, she hit hard and screamed bloody murder (making this momma cry too) for a long time. By the time we got to the doctors office her nose was swollen and really red. The right side seemed to take the most hit and the doctor said not to be surprised if it turns into a black eye. My poor baby!! I tried to ice it before her appt and after but she WILL.NOT.HAVE.THAT. I tried to make a game out of it. We iced her bunny's nose, then Jayne's nose, then my nose...I was able to keep the ice on her for a few seconds each time, but I know its not enough. I gave her some motrin to help with the pain/swelling and she is napping now so hopefully she will wake up feeling better. Poor thing!
I also had my 15 week check up for blueberry yesterday. If you haven't already figured it out...I love my OB. He is a family friend and its always nice to go into the office and be greeted with a hug and we catch up for a bit before the nurse does her thing etc. Well yesterday he poked his head in before the nurse came in and said "are you sure you're pregnant?" I laughed and said yup but that I wanted to talk to him about that. I've developed this complex b/c everyone always tells me how small I am and strangers assume I am a first timer. It makes me freak out a little and wonder if something is wrong. But then I calm down and remember that I measured small with Jayne the entire time. So talking with the doc he laughed and told me to enjoy the compliment. He said most second timers feel so bloated and huge by now and that I am lucky and just carry well. So I am thankful for his reassurance! The blueberries heart rate was 156 and wonderful...the doc said "you know what that means...you're having a boy...OR a girl!!" Thanks, doc, kinda figured that one out on my own!! The baby was squirmy and the nurse had a hard time finding the heart beat and tracking it...after about 10 minutes she was able to track it enough to get the rate. It was so hard not to laugh while she was "chasing" our baby. Hope that's not a sign of things to come. Praying for a calm baby =) Three weeks we go in for our big 18 week anatomy ultrasound. Can't wait!!!
*This is at the end of the day after I eat...I'm not kidding, my belly is flat in the morning.
- T -

No comments:
Post a Comment