So, yesterday I get this email from my doctor. My OB, you know the one delivering our baby in just about two months??? Yeah, that one. He said is leaving the practice and wanted to let us know, so we weren't surprised. I would have been devastated to go to my next appt and find him not there. But he's that guy who lets his patients know. So after reading the first line of his email and TOTALLY FREAKING OUT...I kept on reading and found that although he is indeed leaving, he is only moving one floor up. Same hospital. Same insurance coverage. Just moving to a smaller group with more patient centered care, which is actually nice b/c the "old" practice has about 15 doctors and you never know who you are going to get, etc. The "new" practice is focused on your primary care dr. being the one you see regularly and they try their hardest to have your primary dr. be the one who delivers you. Which is awesome. We had ways around it last time with having our drs. personal pager number and cell phone...if only he hadn't decided to go away on a family vacation the week before my due date and if only Jayne hadn't wanted to make an early appearance ; )
He gave his 30 days notice and was set to start at the new group in January. He said he would be at my appt today at 415 at the "old" practice. Then I get a phone call last night from him. The "old" practice called, told him someone would be by to pick up his keys and not to bother coming in. I mean, really? Poor guy! Its Christmas time and he has to deal with all this drama. I guess they were scared he would take all his patients with him. Which, in our case is true since we only went to the other practice b/c of him in the first place. But anyways...we had a lot of back and forths yesterday and I canceled my appt at the "old" practice and will hopefully have my first appt at the "new" practice tomorrow or Wed. We only have to figure out how to get reimbursed for the money we've already paid towards the delivery. It should be a seamless transition, but who knows if the "old" practice is going to be grouchy about it all. Its' business, it shouldn't be a big deal. This happens a lot right??
Our Dr. is amazing and has already reassured us that he is our advocate and will make it work. They will work getting all our files and reimbursements etc for us, which is huge. I don't want to deal with that headache! Its enough to be this close to having our baby and switching practices. Oh well, life goes on =)
- T -
No comments:
Post a Comment