So I failed my glucose test from Wed. The way this pregnancy ahs been going, should I really be surprised???!! The drs office told me they would only call if there was an issue, so when I saw a missed call from them today...I knew. And I panicked. I know that many times women fail the 1 hr test and pass the 3 hr test, but still its scary when it happens to you. I'll covet your prayers over the weekend that my test Monday morning will come out negative.
I have to be at the dr.'s office at 830 after carbo loading all weekend (per drs. orders) and then fasting Sunday night. From what I understand they take my blood when I first arrive to get my fasting glucose level. Then I drink the nasty *higher* concentrated version of the drink I took Wed and wait an hr in the waiting room. Then my blood gets taken again. They do this THREE times!! I felt sick after the drink on Wed. Which is one reason they are having me come to the office in case I feel nauseous or get a headache or something since the drink is that much worse. Ewww, so not looking forward to this. The bad thing is Jared can't watch Jayne the whole time b/c of work stuff and finding a babysitter is so hard! Luckily he can watch her for a few hrs in the morning and then take her to his aunt & uncles house for the remaining time until I am done. (Thank you C & G...you are life savers!!)
Please be praying, I really don't want to go on any more meds!!!
- T -
1 comment:
That does not sound fun! I hope everything goes well, Tay. I'll be praying for you and thinking positive thoughts :)
Post a Comment