Thursday, June 9, 2011

The past few days...

...have been hard on me. I don't know if I've been getting a little bit of postpartum depression (does it happen this late) or what, but I've been a mess. I've been stressed out, overwhelmed, sad and moody. I haven' wanted to do anything, go anywhere or talk to anyone. I try to make it appear from the outside that I'm okay, but man I wasn't. Jared was very concerned and kept wanting me to have some "me time" but at 7pm the last thing I wanted to do was go anywhere and do anything. He meant well but walking around the grocery store is not my idea of fun, ha! I did talk to a couple sweet girlfriends of mine and that made me feel better. I know we all have days/weeks like this and it does get better, but when you are in that dark place it is hard. I cried a lot and needed a lot of hugs during the day...thank goodness Jared was home this week!

I'm tyring to remind myself that I can let things go...the kitchen doesn't need to be clean all day or the dished put away or laundry done. I need to be okay with things being out of sorts and not in their place. I have a small case of OCD I think. Or maybe I am just too type A for my own good! But today was a much better day. I began the day with a long walk with my friend Allison. I took Jayne with me while Savannah napped at home with daddy. I admit, it is much easier going out with just one kid! And we ran to Target for a bit and then spent the morning outside playing in the pool...had a cookout for lunch and both girls had overlapping naps so I was able to have 30 minutes to myself to read my book and relax. Then we went to the pool for a couple hours as a family. It was a great day and I didn't feel overwhlemed or sad. I'm praying I just went through a bad few days and things will be better now...but I also know I need to work on my outlook on things too and not let them get to me! So anyways...thats been my mindset lately.

On a happier note Jayne had her 2 yr check up yesterday and is perfect! She weighs 24 lbs and finally moved into the 10% for weight...she is our petite princess! She is 75% for height. I did find out she is cutting her two yr molars so that could account for the missed naps and grumpiness but I really had no idea she was getting teeth. She really is a good teether! She also got her last shot until age 4!! Yeah!! She wasn't happy about it and kept pointing to her band aid and saying boo boo all day! She is such a champ!

No comments: