Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Jayne Caroline @ almost 27 mnths old!


What a riot you have become. You keep me on my toes and are non-stop running from the time you wake up till you go to bed. I crash every night exhausted from chasing you around! You make me laugh constantly. As much as I love being home with you, I am definitely looking forward to you starting school next week. I'm excited for you to make consistent friends and have time learning. It’s going to be so fun for you =) You and your sweet friend, Calla, ar ein the same class. Her mommy & I joked the other night that we are going to make you be best friends! Joking of course… we wont make you be friends, but we sure pray that it happens on its own!





  1. You still sleep well going to bed at 7pm and waking at 7am with a late afternoon nap from 1-3pm (usually!!).
  2. You are very particular and a creature of habit…your books must be UNDER your pillow before you will go to sleep, you MUST have socks on and bunny and blankie must be with you too. And you’ve even gone as far as to inform me which side of the blanket (pink or brown) you want up.
  3. You are still my great eater. You unfortunately love sweets, but still eat veggie and fruit a lot. Not a huge fan a meat but you will eat a bit here or there.
  4. Your daily spontaneous hugs are my favorite and you've recently started saying “love you momma" without my saying it first
  5. Your vocabulary is amazing and continuing to grow. You now use sentences 90% of the time...love saying "no", "mine or Jayne's", "Jayne's turn", "no, fine" (meaning I'm fine).
  6. Some of my favorite sayings are "sissy's turn" when you don't want to do something....like clean up! "Sissy crying" whenever sissy fusses...you are so concerned about her! At night when we say your prayers and I get ready to leave you have begun saying "more pray, mommy". I think you are just trying to lengthen out bedtime, but who could say no to that??? When you are ready for us to leave after prayers you turn over and say, "bye bye"...its like you are dismissing us. Ha! And in the morning when I open the door you always say "morning mom, sleep good?"
  7. You are so energetic and love to run and play, especially outside. You love the park and sliding and swinging. We have a great park nearby that we try to go to a few times a week.
  8. I love how you love your sister. She is the first person you want to see in the morning and you always have to kiss her goodnight. “where’s sissy is said the minute you notice she isn’t in the room”.
  9. I love how you say “sip sops” for flip flops. It’s probably my favorite right now!
  10. You LOVE the movie CARS and Dora. Your biggest tantrums are when I tell you we aren’t watching anymore or Dora is “sleeping”. I actually videotaped you rolling on the floor, screaming and throwing yourself all over. It took everything in me not to bust out laughing at you!!
  11. You LOVE art. Any art. Painting, crayons, markers, pens. To date you haven’t even tried to write on the walls or furniture which I am so grateful for!
  12. You are just now getting into dress-up which is fun to see
  13. You still love books and I will find you numerous times a day just sitting and reading
  14. When we ask you what your name is you say “Jayne Bug”…our nickname for you. So cute!!
  15. You still won’t say Savannah’s name, although you can…it’s just “sissy-nana”. Although right as I told daddy I didn’t think Savannah’s nickname “peach” will stick b/c we all call her sissy, I asked you what her name was and you said “peach”. It was priceless =)
  16. You learned how to climb into sissy’s crib this week and love doing that and pretending to sleep.
 My jumping bean


 These $1 erasers have given us endless hours of fun (and helping wiht couting/sorting skills!)


 I'm two and love to remind you...

Mommy's little helper!
Although we have numerous tantrums a day over various things you are still so loving and compassionate asking if mommy or sissy is “okay” throughout the day. You make me smile and laugh and I love you so much!

No comments: