Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Two of my favorite things...

1- My women's bible study started back after a summer hiatus. I love these girls and the time we share each week. We started reading a Beth Moore book called "Praying God's Word; Breaking Free from Spiritual Strongholds. Thing that hit me the most today...

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Wow, talk about hitting me between the eyes. Jared has been saying that I'm too negative lately...and I admit, I've let our situation get the best of me. I realize that the mind is powerful...the most effective way to influence behavior is to influence thinking. I have to steal back my thought life and take it captive to God, daily, in order to truly feel peace and be free.

2- I love The Office and can't wait for it to come back on. Season 4 was just released on DVD and of course I had to get it!! So this week I will be catching up on what happened last season in preparation for season 5! I am a TV junky =)

No comments: