For those of you not up to speed on "pregnant speak" that means 30 weeks 5 days pregnant. Today was our routine checkup now that I am going every two weeks. I was completely blessed to have my mom with me today and she was SO excited to get to hear the baby's heartbeat in person. Jared has gone to every doctors appt with me but today had to run some errands at lunch and since my mom was in town he decided not to come seeing as this was another "routine" appt.
Well, I had the scare of a lifetime. After the nurse took both my blood pressure and the baby's and both were wonderful, the doctor (not my regular guy) came in and measured my belly. Whenever I don't see my normal doctor, I have to actually ask what my measurements are. This guy was no exception. He was pushing pretty hard on the top of my uterus trying to get my measurements and I was just staring at his face looking for some sort of reaction. He just walked away and I asked him what my measurements were...he started writing and said "Well, you're actually measuring small so I'm going to go ahead and order an ultrasound."
At those words I was both terrified (with every scary scenario I've read on line flashing through my brain) and excited to get to see our little bean again (its been twelve weeks since the last ultrasound). My mom saw my reaction and although she was excited to actually get to see the baby, she knew how scared I was. I just started praying.
We waited a few minutes (I called Jared to let him know what was going on) and they took me straight to the ultrasound room. And let me say again...I LOVE the ultrasound tech. She is very calming and businesslike, but also explains everything she is looking for and at. She reassured us and went over the reasons that I could be measuring small...baby laying in odd position, just the way I am carrying the baby, a petite baby, etc. After all her measurements the baby is actually measuring a few days ahead of our due date and is perfectly fine! All the organs are looking as they should, the head and belly are measuring perfectly. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
So after a few scary minutes my mom and I were able to enjoy watching our sweet baby moving around, making suckling motions with his/her mouth (the tech kept saying what a thirsty baby we have!!) and waving his/her fist around. And we know the baby has some sort of hair on its head (something we were a little concerned with seeing as I was bald until I was three!!!). My mom and I think this little baby just wanted Grandma to see him/her! All in all, it was a scary experience but I am so thankful the doctors take their jobs seriously and at least check out every situation just to be sure...and of course we are blessed to have God holding our sweet baby in His hands until delivery.
- T -
Well, I had the scare of a lifetime. After the nurse took both my blood pressure and the baby's and both were wonderful, the doctor (not my regular guy) came in and measured my belly. Whenever I don't see my normal doctor, I have to actually ask what my measurements are. This guy was no exception. He was pushing pretty hard on the top of my uterus trying to get my measurements and I was just staring at his face looking for some sort of reaction. He just walked away and I asked him what my measurements were...he started writing and said "Well, you're actually measuring small so I'm going to go ahead and order an ultrasound."
We waited a few minutes (I called Jared to let him know what was going on) and they took me straight to the ultrasound room. And let me say again...I LOVE the ultrasound tech. She is very calming and businesslike, but also explains everything she is looking for and at. She reassured us and went over the reasons that I could be measuring small...baby laying in odd position, just the way I am carrying the baby, a petite baby, etc. After all her measurements the baby is actually measuring a few days ahead of our due date and is perfectly fine! All the organs are looking as they should, the head and belly are measuring perfectly. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
So after a few scary minutes my mom and I were able to enjoy watching our sweet baby moving around, making suckling motions with his/her mouth (the tech kept saying what a thirsty baby we have!!) and waving his/her fist around. And we know the baby has some sort of hair on its head (something we were a little concerned with seeing as I was bald until I was three!!!). My mom and I think this little baby just wanted Grandma to see him/her! All in all, it was a scary experience but I am so thankful the doctors take their jobs seriously and at least check out every situation just to be sure...and of course we are blessed to have God holding our sweet baby in His hands until delivery.
- T -
No comments:
Post a Comment