Tuesday, April 7, 2009

He...He...He...Hooo

Okay, so Lamaze class doesn't exactly teach the "he he he hoo" breathing technique anymore...but we definitely learned "techniques to help with labor & delivery". Seriously, you think breathing is going to help me push a 7-9 pound watermellon out?? Whatever!!!

Jared actually got more out of the class than I did. To be honest I was kinda bored until we got to the massage part =) The instructor had all the "coaches" learn massage techniques to help during delivery but also up to delivery with back pain, etc. Jared has been W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L giving me massages nightly. It really does relieve the tension in my back and helps me sleep! I'm really glad we took the class over a weekend instead of five, three hour sessions. Totally worth it, although we missed out on the warm, sunny weather. And although the video they had us watch of an actual birth wasn't scary it definitely got em thin king about the actual delivery (9 weeks and counting!!)...and now I'm a little nervous.

We've decided to try and go as long as possible without drugs...NOTE: I AM NOT OPPOSED TO TAKING DRUGS OR GETTING AN EPIDURAL!!!! But I want to see what its like and see if my body/mind can handle labor on its own. Should be interesting!!! Overall the class was good and we were the only couple out of 12 who did not know the sex of their baby! I was very surprised and figured there would be at least one other couple who wouldn't know. It was fun and I'm glad Jared was there to see/hear about the stuff I have to go through.

I'm praying now for a smooth, easy delivery!!!

- T -

No comments: