Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Back to real life

This week, after coming home from vacation, has been a little rough...a little tiresome. Jared left for CA on Monday and wont be back until tomorrow when I pick him up from the airport and we head to Ohio. So Sunday we had to rush around unpacking from vacation and repacking for him and for the next week. I'll be staying in Sylvania with Jayne for the week since we have a wedding there this weekend and then the Hall family reunion in Southern Ohio the following weekend. It just didn't make sense to drive there and back with Lady Jayne two weekends in a row...too much car time. Plus its been awhile since I had quality time in Sylvania and I want to stay there and go to the zoo, Put-In-Bay, Mud Hens...not to mention Olga's, Charlie's, Max & Erma's...I'll eat my way through the week!!

Being a "single parent" is hard and I don't know how anyone does it for more than a week..there is just no break. Jayne needs a day on each end of a trip to readjust and this was no exception. She has been fussy and off schedule which means I have been getting little sleep...hence the catch up on the Blog front while the little one *finally* takes an afternoon nap!!! But I think she's getting back on track...still trying to get her to drop a night feeding. The Babywsie book I'm reading says to drop the middle of the night (3 am) first, but I think Jayne wants to drop the 11pm feeding...she will not wake up for that one. It took me 20 minutes last night to get her to wake up enough to eat a little. Ahh, its hard trying to figure things out the first time. Anyways...I am extremely lucky to have Jared's aunt & uncle living near by who are so willing to lend a helping hand and support. Last night we went to dinner and since its was late and I had to give her a bottle at dinner...they came back to watch her while I pumped. And this morning Gary came over to watch Jayne while I went to have my nails done...it was nice to get away by myself for even an hour. (Love you guys...thank you so much!!!!)

I'm looking forward to some quality time in Ohio with my parents, Jared's mom and seeing some friends form high school. And of course we're looking forward to the fun and crazy family reunion...stay tuned for more picts of that next week!!

My baby girl is getting so big...she is smiling socially more and more, recognizes faces, coos more often and is just an all around sweet baby (minus the not taking naps of course!!). I can't believe she will be two months old on Sunday...the time is flying by and I'm not ready for it to. I now know why my dad always wanted to "put me in a box and keep me little"...if only we could!! But I am extremely lucky to be able to watch Jayne grow into a unique, beautiful, God loving person and plan to enjoy every single minute of it!

- T -

No comments: