Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jared comes home for lunch every day and hangs out with his girls!!

Yesterday was an awesome day. Jayne was an angel and slept for 3.5 hours in the morning and allowed me to clean the house and vacuum which hadn't been done in a couple weeks and was driving me crazy! I put her in the swing after she ate and as she started to fall sleep I vacuumed around her. At first she startled but then she fell asleep. Its nice to know that noise doesn't bother the little miss! It felt so good to have a clean house!

We had a bunch of visitors yesterday...my friend Heather & her son Baylor came over for lunch...then my friend Lisa came over and Jayne was wonderful and ended up sleeping on the couch while Lisa and I talked. She just wanted to be part of the action! Then Lisa's boyfriend and Jared's coworker, David came by for a bit and then three friends form my women's Bible study brought dinner for us and visited for awhile. It was an action packed day, but Jayne did so well. She still doesn't sleep very long during her afternoon naps, but I'm getting used to it.

Last night however was a different story...I think she is going through a growth spurt b/c she woke up at random times during the night acting hungry. She hasn't done this since her first couple of nights home. She woke up at 6am (instead of 7) with a major blowout and then was able to fall asleep in my arms on the couch for an hour. So I think we're back on schedule, but we'll see what the day brings!!

Today Jared & I are celebrating our fourth anniversary (which is July 2nd, but we're heading to Ohio for the weekend) by going to the Melting Pot. I am so excited to have a date night and continue our tradition with the MP. And we are very grateful to Aunt Christina & Uncle Gary for being our baby-sitters! Can't wait and can't believe its been four years already...feels like yesterday!!

- T -

No comments: