Monday, July 6, 2009

What a weekend!!! We headed to Jared's family's property on the West Va. side of the Ohio river. And as we say all the time...it is one of our favorite places on earth. There is something about "river life" that just relaxes you...no TV, card games all day long, boating, swimming, barges lulling you to sleep at night, trains waking you up at 2:30am...so fun!! This trip however, was much different from years past. Traveling with a 1 month old is hectic, to say the least!

Jayne did wonderful traveling in the car until the last 30 minutes when we had to push her past dinner time. She wailed...I've never seen her so angry! But as soon as she ate, she was a doll again! We loved introducing her to our extended family and of course she was loved on all weekend long. This made it very hard to keep her schedule...at home we let her cry herself to sleep for 10-15 minutes...which is her stopping point. But all her great-aunts & cousins couldn't let her cry! She was always getting picked up and snuggled, which is wonderful...except for mommy when its 2am and Jayne wakes herself up and won't go back to sleep until she is in someones arms. Oh well...it gives me something to work on this week, right??!!
The weather was unseasonably cool, however I was thrilled b/c it meant Jayne could hang out by the fire and it wasn't 100 degrees and sweaty. And I'm a jeans & sweatshirt type of gal!!! Not to mention, Jayne was able to wear her adorable new hoodie!!! Gotta love Target =) Rain set in Saturday evening, but it chased away most of the crowd so it was quieter...which selfishly was nice. Jared & I were able to have some down time with his mom and "Great-Granny Lois" just talking and relaxing. Its always fun to be around family, but it can be overwhelming sometimes...especially with a new baby!!! But we endured and left early Sunday to head home...again Jayne did well until the very end...can you blame her? I mean would you want to sit in a car seat for 5 hours? Yuck!!! We tried to get her out for a bit every couple of hours which I think helped a lot.
I was worried about her sleeping last night b/c at the river she was waking up every two hours. she wasn't hungry, she just couldn't get back to sleep. But last night she went right back on her schedule! I was thrilled...and feel pretty rested right now! Hopefully this is how she'll be all the time! We have a busy summer with a beach trip, wedding in Ohio and family reunion at the river in August. Crazy busy...and overwhelming, but hopefully Jayne will prove to be a traveler like her daddy and it won't phase her!!


- T -

No comments: