Monday, August 10, 2009

My new job...

is being a full time mommy to my sweet Jayne. I "resigned" from my job today. Quit is such a terrible word...resigned sounds so much better! I have been stressing about this decision for some time and we only solidified the decision last week. I had the weight of the world on my shoulders this morning going into to work to tell my boss...I felt like I was letting him down, the company down. But I know this decision is what is right for our family and I am so excited about the challenge and opportunity to be Jayne's mom full time...although I must admit a little scared about the financial strain we will now be under, but its all worth it. I am trying not to stress out too much and give it to God...I pray things with Jared's job will pick back up and compensate for even a bit of my lost salary. But don't be surprised if we pass on opportunities to go out to eat now...and no more trips to Target for me!!
I did ask about working part time from home, however that's not how the company normally operates so I don't know what will come from my request...again another thing given to God. If it is meant to be something will work out. If anyone needs part time work that can be done off site...let me know =)

I am so excited about this time in our lives. I will miss my work and coworkers...but who knows what the futures holds for us!!

- T -

PS- more updates from our trip last week are coming....stay tuned!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

While it feels weird at first, you will settle into your new role soon! Being able to exclusively care for your husband, baby and home is such a blessing! Angels are dancing in heaven over your decision!!

Abbey said...

God works it all out. It sometimes means saying no to 'good' things like buying things without thinking, hair color (for me anyway) and eating whatever looks good instead of what's on sale ...BUT it always mean saying YES to great things: first words, first steps, exploring dirt for the first time and knowing exactly what kind of day your sweet one had.

Laura Rodriguez said...

I know that was a hard decision for you!! I am so proud of your strength and bravery. All I can say is, poor Tara has no friends anymore, haha.

j. said...

Super cute photo of Jayne! ;o) Hope all is well....Hopefully I get to meet her over xmas! xo