Yesterday Jayne and I headed over to the Southern Woman's Show (make-up booths, food booths, women's clothes & accessories, etc). My main reason for going was that Kate Gosselin (of Jon & Kate plus 8) was going to speak in the afternoon. And after waiting and hour (standing with a sleeping baby b/c there were no seats left) my consensus is it wasn't worth waiting for. Yes, I got to see her, but for the most part she didn't say anything that hasn't already been said in the media. So it basically turned into a bunch of women showing their support for her (yes, wearing "Team Kate" tshirts)...which is great b/c at least she knows people side with her and not Jon. But she came across snooty and uppity...at least to me.
She was 15 minutes late and once she arrived the stage wasn't set the way she wanted it so they took another couple minutes to rearrange it...moving the table a couple inches here and the chair a couple inches there...I mean come on! I admit, I love the show...or more accurately LOVED the show as it was in the past. Now I only watch to see how things unfold. Yes, I was skeptical of the whole thing at first (if anyone of you have been living under a rock and don't know what I'm talking about, my apologies!!)...I thought the fighting/divorce/other women/separation might be a media ploy to get higher ratings. I think Kate treated Jon like crap on and off screen...I mean if anyone treated someone they way she treated Jon ON TV can you imagine the things she probably said/did to him off screen? I'm surprised he stayed with her as long as he did...that being said, he was also a dog going out to clubs and hanging with other women while his wife was away, etc. But who am I to judge??? Its just hard not to have an opinion of something that is thrown in your face every time you turn on TV or look at a magazine in the grocery isle.
Anyways...I Love seeing celebrities whether I like/agree with them or not, and I stuck around for about 1/2 of Kate's gig and then headed home with my fill of "celebrity"!!! And yes, I will still watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 (or is it Kate & 8 minus Jon now???) Ahh, I digress!!
- T -
No comments:
Post a Comment