Our whirlwind trip to Ohio ended with a couple days at my MIL's family's property on the Ohio River. As we've mentioned before, this is one of our favorite places to visit. Although both Jared & I admit its not the same now that we have Jayne. Its quite a bit harder to relax and enjoy our surroundings when we're tending to a baby...ah, the seasons of life!!!
The weather was what we expected, rainy and cold. But as always we had a good time hanging out by the fire, roasting marshmallows, playing cards, etc. This time due to the weather we stayed with Jared's aunt Cathy. She graciously opened her home to us and our mountains of baby crap (traveling with an infant is quite an experience...especially for someone like me who oeverpacks anyways!!). Thanks, Cath!!!
For the first time ever I actually ran out of room on my memory card b/c I took so many pictures!! I've rekindled my love of photography. By no means do I want to do anything with it professionally, but I love taking photos of my family and playing around with them in photoshop. My parents gave me my digital Canon Rebel for one of my graduations (can't remember if it was college or high school...sad, I know!!) and I have loved it...but after playing with Jared's cousin's camera this weekend...I have camera envy and want to save up for the Canon digital 50D. It takes amazing pictures and seems to have a clearer picture than mine. *sigh*...one day =)
Anyways...back to the river...Saturday was the *Bean Dinner* and it was freezing!!! We were bundled up in coats, scarves, gloves etc. I am so thankful that Jared brought Jayne's fleece snow suit b/c she needed it for sure! It was one of my consignment finds and although when I bought it I think Jared was a little upset b/c he didn't think we'd ever use it...but after this weekend he thanked me for that purchase!! I actually got it for Jayne to wear in Ohio for Christmas. She looked adorable if I do say so myself. Jayne had lots of cuddle time with Grandma Jeanee and all her *great aunts*.Below are a couple more picts from our time with my parents earlier in the week...I was able to catch many smiles this week and Grandma H could always get a giggle or two out of Jayne!!)

After all the driving Jayne & I did last week she now hates the car. She screams when we start buckling her into her seat even for a five minute trip to the store. i feel so bad and hope she gets over it as she gets older. We probably wont be making any long trips for awhile. We ended up leaving the river Saturday night after her last feeding so she would sleep on the way home. It worked perfectly and she only fussed when we stopped for gas and the bright lights woke her up!! I'm sure she was a little disoriented when she woke up Sunday in her own bed =) Other than that she did great on the trip...her nighttime sleep patterns never changed although she refused to take more than a 30 minute morning nap the last three days of the trip (down from 2.5 hrs!!). We're now working on getting back on nap schedule.Jayne continues to be more vocal and smiley every day. She has gotten so big and I think her hair is starting to grow back (PTL-I can't wait to use all these bows!!). We have her four month check up on Friday and I can't wait to see how much she has grown in the past two months. We'll keep you all posted!
- T -
1 comment:
You do not need a 50D.... unless you are planning on taking professional photos one day [like magazine, or high-res art] which it doesn't sound like you are. At that point there will be a much better camera out anyway. Trust me, save your money, for what you want your camera is perfect [or if you simply must have a new camera at least look into the T1i]. That's how they get you... after 2 years you'll just end up wanting the 60D or 70D... its a never ending struggle against feeling inadequate...
Post a Comment