This past weekend was my first time away from Jayne...and I think we all did very well! I was definitely ready to come back after the second night. I just missed cuddling my sweet baby girl! The trip to Myrtle Beach was fantastic though. The place we stayed at was BEAUTIFUL...Grand Dunes. One of those fancy places where the elevator only opens onto your floor, right into your foyer. *Sigh* to live like that...but I digress =)
The condo was on the 6th floor, had five gorgeous bedrooms, a beautiful ocean view and was so spacious and relaxing. Every morning we would sit on the balcony and stare at the ocean while doing our quiet times and then spent some "reflection" time by ourselves on the beach or by the pool...83 degrees in mid October ain't half bad! I actually got a little burned while walking the beach!!
Jared was such a trooper. He has always been a hands on dad, but this proved it. He had her by himself, no help at all, from Thursday night to Sunday afternoon. He did admit that it was harder than he thought it would be b/c she keeps you pretty occupied during the day...now he knows, to my delight of course! Everyone seems so shocked that he had her by himself, but I'm not sure why. Don't most husbands try to give their wives a break or am I really just that blessed? I definitely missed them both a lot...Jared would send me picts of Jayne all day...of her after her bath, drinking her bottle, playing in her excersaucer, etc. It made me both happy and sad. My heart ached to be with them, but I knew it was good for my mind, body and soul to spend some "me" time with my girlfriends. The time away made me reflect on how blessed my life is and how lucky I am to have my wonderful husband and sweet daughter to come home to.
When I got home I expected Jayne to show signs of missing me (you know, as much as a 4 1/2 month old can), but when I got home and she saw me for the first time, it was almost like she forgot who I was. Oh, she warmed up to me quick enough, but for awhile she kept looking for Jared or following the sound of his voice. She fell in love with her daddy this weekend and I couldn't be more thrilled to watch the bond between daddy & daughter form. I have such a wonderful relationship with my father that I can only pray and hope that Jared & Jayne will have a similar one!
Anyways...I don't have another trip away from her scheduled for awhile...probably not until we go on our 5 yr anniversary trip next summer. We're planning a sight seeing trip of California followed by a cruise from San Diego to Mexico. But we'll see what happens...luckily my parents are teachers with free summers and have agreed to babysit for us. I couldn't leave her just anyone you know!!
- T -
2 comments:
I am so glad you got to get away...you are right, it is so important! Makes me a better mom and wife!!
I left Curtis at about that age to go to a bachelorette weekend at the beach. He did great too. Daddies can do it! Good job Jared.
Post a Comment