
Today (and every day) I am thankful for my wonderful parents and the relationship I have with them. I am
SO excited for them to come down here for Thanksgiving, I cant even tell you!!! I know it is a really long drive for them but I am grateful that they are willing to make the drive each year to be with us for four short days...seriously, the time flies by and before I know it they are already back in Ohio...so sad!!! But at least when they leave this year we know it will only be three weeks until we see them again for Christmas!

My parents set a wonderful, loving example to us with their marriage and living their lives for Christ. Growing up everyone always loved to hang out at our house...even if my parents were around. Our house was always open to our friends. I remember coming home one night and two of my guy friends were eating dinner with my parents while they waited for me to get home. I thought it was weird at the time, but now looking back, it was super cool that my friends were comfortable enough around my parents. And I cant tell you how many times people commented on how much my parents love each other...it was always so evident through their words or actions.

My parents are wonderful communicators...with others as well as with each other. They have also shown me that no matter what you started out doing in your career and no matter what age you are...you can always follow your heart and your dreams. Both my parents are wonderful teachers and started their teaching careers later in life.

My parents are extremely giving...they were with us for the first five out of eight weeks of Jayne's life. Helping us learn the ropes of parenting, cleaning the house and cooking for us so we could bond with our new baby, taking Jared golfing or sending me to get a mani-pedi. They may have had ulterior motives since they did get to hang with the cutest baby on the block =) Thank you for all the advice and encouragement you give me being a first time mommy and all!

Silly, I know...but, I love that my parents are game people. I can always count on them to be up for a game of euchre, monopoly, nertz, etc. We have so much fun with them! It helps that my husband makes up a crazy game for everything we do...but my parents are always good sports and play along with whatever silly game Jared makes up. When we first brought Jayne home my mom and I overheard my dad & Jared timing themselves with diaper changes. Gotta love it!

I love how much they love us and now love Jayne...it cracks me up when we Skype them and they get their little sing songy voices going when they talk to Jayne (I mean we
ALL do this with babies...its just funny coming from your own parents!!!). Thank you, Momma & Daddy, for loving us, raising us the way you did (even when you were "the meanest parents in the world"...LOL), loving on your sweet grand-baby, spending time & money on and with us. We could not appreciate you or love you more. Thank you for all you do and all that you are to us...
- T -
PS-14 days and counting =)
No comments:
Post a Comment