- She's finally crawling!!! She is getting faster and faster every day. Today she made a beeline for the cats food dishes. I moved her back to her toys and before I knew it I heard her moving back towards the cat food...I jumped up to get her and as she heard me the little stinker started crawling faster!! When I got to her she laid herself flat on the ground and turned to smile at me. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!
- She can pull herself to standing/kneeling on most occasions...which means we had to lower her crib down a notch
- She is eating more "real people" food like cut up bananas, cheese, chicken, etc and is a pro at feeding herself. She has mastered the "pincher" grasp with her pointer and thumb...most of the food actually makes it into her mouth too!
- She will drink water out of a sippy cup but has yet to take any milk so that is a goal for the next month
- She can completely feed herself a bottle, but is usually lazy and wants Momma to do it for her!
- Jayne loves to stand holding onto furniture, but still falls back "stiff as a board" style. I'm trying to teach her to bend and fall on her butt!
- She loves to "walk" holding onto our hands
- She loves to chase the kitties around and is getting pretty good at cornering them...she loves Mally's ears for some reason and always pulls on them. She just doesn't get "gentle" yet!!
- She loves to drop things and watch me pick them up...the game all parents dread! The cool thing is that when she drops things she understands that they aren't gone forever and she actually looks to see where they went
- Still doesn't have any teeth although I can tell there are a few trying to come through!
Jayne continues to be such a happy little girl. She constantly smiles and babbles. She is starting to put sounds together instead of always saying "mamamama" she'll say "NaMa DaLa"...etc. Its so fun to hear her learn and grow. I'm starting to show her signs for more, milk, momma, daddy. I know it may be awhile for her to actually pick up on them, but starting early cant hurt!
Baby girl...you are such a joy in our lives and we love you more than we ever thought possible. We pray that you continue to grow and learn the world around you. Test your boundaries, learn independence...we're always a step or two behind you!!
- T -
No comments:
Post a Comment