Today was my 34 week check up and all is well. Both baby and I are growing and doing great according to the doctor. Baby's heartbeat was higher than usual at 166...I think it was b/c the baby does not like the Doppler at all and always tries to make a quick, jumpy escape when the nurse tries to find the heartbeat. And today was no different, although I think the baby was asleep prior to the Doppler being placed on my belly. I get jumpy when I'm awoken rudely too =)
I started the backwards trend of measuring small by two weeks. Although I made enough forward progress that the doctors aren't worried and truthfully, neither am I. I mean when my first pregnancy I FREAKED out when this happened, but now its old hat!! The doc and I discussed Jayne's pregnancy and what he thinks will happen this time around. As you may know, all women and each pregnancy is different so there is never any guarantee, but he was surprised at how fast my first pregnancy went (they have it all documented in my chart, obviously) and he doesn't see any reason to believe I will go into labor before 36 weeks, but feels I will most likely go early just due to history. So we will see. I'm nervous Jared will be out of town when it happens, which was our main reason for discussing it. He definitely asked about our back-up plan a few times!!
At my next appt on the 28th I will have a physical exam to see how far I've progressed, if anything. With Jayne, at six weeks out, I was already 2cm and 90% effaced which isn't common in first pregnancies. But like the doctor said I could be 4cm dilated, 90% effaced and it still doesn't mean I would go into labor in the next few days or even weeks...just that when labor started it would go fast which he assumes will happen with this pregnancy assuming this baby is about the same size as Jayne was, give or take a 1/2 pound! If Jared isn't home I will definitely be putting my call into my "back-ups" immediately...don't want to have this baby in the car or at home!!! Please pray Jared is here...I can't do this without him!!
- T -
No comments:
Post a Comment