Monday, January 10, 2011

Little Miss Cranky Pants...


Jayne has been a cranky mess lately, although you wouldn't tell from the above picture! I wonder if we're going through the terrible twos early???!! Probably not, but its just so unlike her. She's not sick, doesn't seem to be teething, but has lost her appetite and this morning threw up for the first time. I was changing her diaper so she was laying down and she started coughing and then threw up and then started gagging which made her throw up more. IT.WAS.DISGUSTING! So much worse than getting pooped on and I thought I'd never say that! Luckily I had a towel nearby and I wrapped her up in that, ran to our bathroom, threw her in the tub where we had a bunch of dirty towels...she threw up again...I threw up too (can't take the sight/smell of anyone else throwing up. It happens every time!) Meanwhile Jared is in the shower watching this and gagging himself! Needless to say it was an eventful morning! Thank goodness Jared was home this week b/c I don't know how I would have handled the situation if he wasn't there to help!

Seriously though, Jayne has no fever or symptoms of being sick so we really think it was just b/c she coughed laying down and it just came up.We're keeping our eye on her, but it seems the cough is associated with allergies which causes a post-natal drip which in turn increases coughing the morning & at night. Oh the joys...tonight we ended up putting her to bed at 615am b/c she was so cranky. We'll see how this affects her am wake up time. I hope she wont get up before 730am b/c I need all the sleep I can get these days =)


We got about 4 inches of snow today. In the south this means the entire city shuts down. So we enjoyed a very low key day at home and after nap time we took Jayne out in her wagon. We only stayed out for about 5-10 minutes, but she had fun. Tomorrow is supposed to be just as bad b/c of the freezing rain we are getting tonight and the fact that the roads take forever to get plowed down here. Our neighborhood probably wont get plowed at all and since we live in the "country" the side roads will be crazy as well. Another low key day at home...which is get for the 8 month preggo lady! I've definitely noticed myself slowing down lately and trying to rest as much as possible. And I still cant get rid of this crazy back pain. I have a dr. appt on Friday so I will definitely be asking about either massages or going to the chiro...I'm miserable! I'm sorry for complaining...it is all worth it and there is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!  We can't wait to meet this little guy/gal...although we still have no names. Although Jared thinks he does, but I'm just not on board with them yet =)

- T -

No comments: