My husband is truly amazing. We've been together for 11 years and I've known this, but he still loves to surprise me. Monday he is flying out of town for work. It was going to be my first week alone with two kids. To say I was scared was beyond true and I even cried a little thinking about it this morning. Little did I know that he and my mom were in cahoots for the past week planning the best surprise ever. After lunch today Jared gave me a little slip of paper...the beginning of a scavenger hunt. He had me running all over the house looking for the next clue. I was giddy with excitement and had no idea what my "surprise would be". As I got the last clue, which took me to a canister I made in MOPS, I thought maybe he had filled it with my favorite candy or something. When I opened it I saw a piece of paper from Delta. At first I was thinking he was flying me home next week...but then I thought about flying with two small kiddos and figured that wouldn't be it. I was so confused and excited I didn't even read the paper right!! He had to tell me to read "whats highlighted"...my moms name and the dates. He is flying her home next week with his frequent flyer miles!!! So she is staying from today through next weekend!
I had asked my mom to stay with me if she could a few months ago knowing Jared was going to be gone and I would have a new baby, but with work and her taking off a couple days this week already and with her college class she couldn't. Plus she is coming down for her spring break in two weeks. But Jared called her about a week ago and asked her if there was any way she could make it work. After Savannah came and he saw how much work it is with two, especially at this stage in the game, I think he was a little nervous leaving us for a full week. It is a total God thing b/c everything started falling place. She could get a sub, her professor said family is the most important thing and she could do assignments from here, my uncle is driving back to Ohio with my dad after the NCAA tournament (my mom didn't want him driving home by himself)...everything just clicked. I was so excited...I cried!!! And hugged both him and my mom a whole bunch. I am so excited to have the help and a huge weight (and fear) was lifted off my shoulders. Isn't he the best???!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jared. I love you so much!

1 comment:
Yay!!!! What a relief for you! Sad that you won't be needing a playdate with me now but super happy you'll have the help of your Mom. There's nothing like having Mom around to help out!
Post a Comment