I had a tough week. I began getting a cold last Friday but it hit hard Sunday night...right before Jared left for a full, week long trip to the West coast. It was very tough on me this week, not feeling well, to take care of the girls on my own. I gave myself a lot of grace and didn't worry about having a clean house and allowed myself to say "no" to things so we could stay home and rest. We did get out for a few activities and play time at the park in order for us all to keep our sanity!! But this weekend as so far been a wonderful time to relax and reconnect as a family. Here's our day today...
Jared got home late Friday night and today was a wonderful family day. Both girls slept in until 7am and we had a laid back morning before meeting Jared's aunt and uncle for lunch followed by our weekly grocery shopping. After naps we spent the afternoon carving pumpkins, drinking hot apple cider, making chili (eating said chili) and playing outside. Its chilly here but the afternoon/early evening was very nice out so we concluded the day with a family walk.
It was such a nice day. I love these laid back times of just "being" with my favorite people in the world!!
Daddy is so proud!
"feeding" the pumpkin berries!
No comments:
Post a Comment