Wednesday, February 15, 2012

If you know me at all...

You know two things: I LOVE lists and I LOVE a good deal.

I love a good deal so much so, that I drove around to six (SIX ya'll) CVSs the other day trying to find Pull-ups that were on clearance (with my coupon they would have only been $1.99 per pack... that's huge when you think we will need them for the next 4 or so years and they normally cost $12.99-19.99 each. Yowza!!) Ultimately, they were of course all sold out and I went home empty handed and sad. Ha! No really though...over the past two years I have become a huge advocate of garage sales, Good Will shopping, Buy/Sell/Trade sites and consignment sales. We are blessed to have some amazing, HUGE consignment sales down in our part of the world. I usually spend $100 and completely cloth my child for six months. Its awesome! One of my BFF's, Brooke, turned me on to Good Will shopping. I used to do this in high school...but now I go in and find amazingly good deals on the brands I love my girls to wear but refuse to pay store costs for, like Gymboree, Gap, etc. I have found some awesome stuff and a fraction of what it would truly cost. My favorite is when I find something that matches what one of the sisters already has so the girls can match or coordinate. So fun! But you do have to look carefully through racks and check each item for stains, etc. Totally worth it though!

This year I was added by some sweet friends to FB pages designed specifically for buying/selling/trading in our area. These have been amazing. I bought over 50 pieces of summer clothes for Jayne for $50 bucks...some new with tags. We've sold some of our larger items on these sites too. The thing I like the best about them is you don't have to pay the "consignment fee" where they take 30-40% of your earnings. I've been driving to the far side of town for these sales and decided to start one in our town. So the other day I opened the "Waxhaw Market" FB page. A lot of people were posting items for sale on our neighborhood page and I'm hoping this site with not only connect people but take the clutter off that page for more neighborhood things. I invited about 10 people at the start and today its already at 54 people. Hoping it grows more and more. I've sold some toys off of it and am buying some summer/winter clothes from a neighbor. Its such a great thing!

Now about my list making...I have to do lists, grocery lists, cleaning lists, meal lists, lists of things I want from Ikea, birthday idea lists, lists of things I would like to upgrade for the house when we have money to do so, lists of diy projects and pinterest ideas...lists of things I want to do with the girls and/or Jared (like date ideas or playdates)..I could go on and on. It really is addicting. There is nothing I like better than taking a big, black marker and crossing things off my lists. Ahhh, feels so good! Not to mention I think I still have "baby brain" and if I dont have lists I forget everything, ha!

So me in a nutshell. Just a little bit of what I've been doing and thinking about today while my girls did.not.nap. Ugh! We ran errands this morning and missed nap cues by 30 minutes. Crazy how that affects them going to sleep. But oh well... early to bed it will be for us all!

And can you believe that my sweet little peanut will be ONE next Friday??? Where has this year gone???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe S is going to be a year next week!! Soooo crazy how time flys by. Love you guys! Give the girls a big hug from me :) LM