Monday, February 13, 2012

Having a child with "restricted airways" is tough. After Savannah was hospitalized, and she got better, we were able to breath easier and pray it was a one time thing. Then, a week later, she got another cold and back came the wheezing and worrying. She didn't seem "As bad" as before but I was still worried so I called the doctor and back we went. She was wheezing and congested in her chest but still happy. They listened to her for awhile and watched her breath and since she was wheezing on the back end of each breath it was deemed not as bad as before and we left with our last line of defense before going back to the hospital...steroid medicine and breathing treatments round the clock. For a couple days she didn't seem to be getting any better, but also not getting worse. Then finally yesterday she turned the corner and got much, much better. She still wheezes from time to time but I think we're on the upswing now!


 I am not one to run to the doctor for every little sneeze or sniffle but I admit after being sent to the hospital with Savannah, I second guess everything and worry constantly. I check on her multiple times a night, just to make sure she is breathing as she should be. Its hard and I worry we will deal with this every single time she gets a cold (which for the record is about every couple weeks for the past six months. Ugh!!) On a good note, she doesn't scream bloody murder during breathing treatments now! Ha! She actually babbles and plays while we hold the mask over her mouth & nose. She is such a trooper!






Jayne is growing so much. I look at her now and see a young girl and not a toddler anymore. I am ecstatic to watch her grow and yet so sad to lose my baby girl. Her vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds and she comes up to me and spurts out this sentence and I'm like where in the world did that come from??!! Her words or clearer and more direct. She asks to go to school every day and begs to go to "Calla-Kates" house. She will throw the biggest tantrum when I tell her no to either of those things! Today Jayne & I baked cookies for her valentine's day party tomorrow. Holy cow, cooking with a 2.5 year old is not as fun as I want it to be! She had flour from one end of the kitchen to the other and all over herself, but she had fun and that's what matters! 



 My little diva talking on her "phone"

No comments: