A neighbor was selling a twin mattress and box spring and we had been contemplating moving Savannah to a "big girl" bed (even though everyone told me to leave her in the crib until I absolutely had to move her). Her crib converts to a toddler bed but we couldn't pass up the price of the twin mattress knowing we'd need one eventually anyways, so we got it and planned to just store it until we needed it. But like we did with Jayne, we decided to just try it one night and see how she would do in it. Totally thinking after 30 minutes we'd throw her back in her crib, right?? Wrong!! This girl fell right asleep and slept the entire night and woke up at her normal time! We were so shocked and pleasantly surprised!
Room set up...
Its crazy to see this little thing sleeping in a big bed, but she loves it! We are saving for her bed frame, so for now her mattress is on the floor. Which is good since she has gotten tangled in her blankets and fallen/rolled out twice at 6am and of course wont go back to sleep. It was cute though, this morning I went in and laid with her for about 45 minutes and she fell asleep for a bit and then laid there rubbing my face and playing with my hair and then I had to put her back in her crib b/c it was still too early for us and she went back to sleep until 730. So needless to say we aren't ready to remove the crib yet =)
Above is a close up of her new bedding. Its from Pottery Barn but bought off Ebay for a steal...love it! Now I'm trying to make artwork to match and trying to find a whimsical tea cup pillow, so if anyone sees any, let me know!
Nap time the first day was a disaster and I ended up putting her in her crib and she only slept for 45 minutes, but I tried again the next day and she slept her normal two hours. Now, she will fall asleep great for nap time but she isn't staying asleep for longer than an hour now which is bugging me, but I either put her back in her crib for the remainder of nap/quiet time or let her read in her room. Thats one thing we all need during the day...time away from one another. I dont care if they don't sleep, they can read and play quietly in their rooms. Although she does need her nap and is really fussy if she doesn't get it so we're working on it. I'm hoping once the "newness" of the change wears off she'll go back to sleeping longer. But overall so proud at how quickly she adapted to change. Can't believe one month and three days we will have a two year old...*sigh*. They grow up way too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment