Thursday, June 4, 2009

All systems are go!!!!

Today was our 39 week check up (seriously, how did nine months go by so quickly???)...and my last official appt. Although we are already on the induction schedule for next week, today Dr. F was going to check to see if everything was still "favorable". We again took bets...I said I would still be at 1 cm...Jared took 1.5 cm and Dr. F took 2-3 cm. And...


Dr. F won...whoo hoo!!!!! So things are progressing and I couldn't be happier. Baby's heartbeat is still around 152, my weight (20 lbs...right on track) and blood pressure are good. Only blip is that I'm still measuring small...duh, I have been this entire time!! Just to be on the safe side, Dr. F scheduled us for an ultrasound this morning as well. I always get a little nervous when he suggests this, but he assured us that its just to make sure he hasn't missed anything and not that he was worried about anything specifically.

Again...I LOVE our ultrasound tech. She is beyond amazing in explaining everything to us, not giving away the sex and reassuring us that things are fine. And today was no exception...she spent about 45 minutes scanning everything and even gave us a free 4D ultrasound. We were able to see the baby's amazing, adorable scrunched up face. The cute little nose, chubby cheeks, eyes, long looking toes...we were in awe of this amazing gift God has given us. We even saw the baby stick out its tongue...so cute!! The other thing we watched for awhile was the baby "practicing" breathing. Although the baby doesn't actually breath in my womb, a mature infant's lungs/diaphragm will work to get ready for its first breath. Our baby was doing this so we are very excited to know that our baby's lungs are "mature". We can't wait to meet this little person!

Unfortunately the internal exam today was a little harder on me than usual and I'm cramping and bleeding so I'm going to go rest for a bit...and pray that I don't have this baby this weekend since Dr. F will be out of town. Hopefully my luck will hold out!


- T -

No comments: