Monday, November 2, 2009

We buckled down this weekend and bought a video monitor for Jayne. When we first registered we decided not to get a video monitor b/c we didn't think we would need/want to use it and come on...they are expensive! But now that Jayne is more active and moving all over her crib I knew it would give me the peace of mind to be able to see that she didn't have her head stuck in the corner of her crib, etc. Jayne also now recognizes the noise of the door opening which can both wake her up and set her off if she is starting to fuss.

We opted for the Summer Infant Day/Night handheld video monitor. So far I love it...the only creepy thing is the first time I turned it on I noticed that there looked like a lot of blankets in Jayne's crib which didn't seem right...so I went into her room (she was downstairs with Daddy while I was testing it) and looked in her crib and there wasn't anything in it. I looked at the screen again...it wasn't our crib!!! Someone else in our neighborhood must have the same monitor b/c we could totally see their kid sleeping in the crib...yeah that's creepy!!! I switched channels (there is an A or B) and we got a perfect view of Jayne's crib. I'm sure more expensive monitors may not have this problem, but we couldn't spend more and its not like it advertises our address on the monitor!!! The image is very clear and I can even see her breathing. I love it. We only use it really during the day b/c at night she *knock on wood* never wakes up or moves much. Its funny to watch her fall asleep and wake up...her little movements, kicking her legs, sucking her thumb...too cute!!

- T -

No comments: