Saturday, October 16, 2010

What a day...we are both exhausted! Knowing that with all our travel and weekend plans for the next few weeks we only have technically a week and a half to get things done around here has made for some stressed out people. Okay, mainly me! I've had a bunch of painting projects I've wanted to get done before we move and today my loving hubby tackled them for me! He painted a bunch of furniture, made a really cool computer desk, painted numerous shleves and picture frames, toy holders and mirrors. With our new hosue we are going with more black furniture and most of our current stuff is honey colored so we painted it black. It looks so good!

I have been scouring Craigslist for the past few weeks trying to find a good deal on a dinning table and china hutch. Every time I thought I found one it either was sold of not in good condition. But we went to look at one today and loved it! The chairs have a few little dings in them but nothing a little TLC can't take care of. We originally planned to paint whatever we found black, but after seeing this set today, we fell in love with the grain and look of it and decided that it will probably work as is! Worst case we can paint it down the road, but I think it will work well with our floor color. This change did however change our direction in paint color for the walls...we're still debating this area and hope to get a little direction from our painter! And the best part was I was able to tlak the lady down to $500 for six chairs, table w/leaf extension and china hutch!! I lvoe me a good deal =)

And when I was out garage saleing today I found something I have been hunting for...an old fashioned wood, luggage rack...like what you find at hotels. I wanted one that had a little character to it and wasn't so modern. I got it for $5 and Jared painted it black for me and then we added some new ribbons to it and it turned out better than I thought. I am so excited!!

A bad "before" pict...dark wood and ugly ribbon straps...

 After...

And here are some random Jayne picts b/c I know thats why you are reading this anyways =)
She found a Christmas present (shopping cart) I bought for her today...good thing she loves it and has a short memory =)
 
Go Bucks!!

- T -

No comments: