Hard to believe we are in the home stretch with baby #2. I can't believe I am eight months pregnant already! The last two months seem to go by so slowly though with the anticipation, nerves, etc. And although I've already been down this road once, its still scary for me. Especially since this pregnancy is so different from Jayne's...I kind of expect delivery to be different to (although I really hope not b/c Jayne's was really a piece of cake!).
I had my check up on Monday and we are still measuring right on track. I've gained about 17 pounds so I'm definitely gaining more this time around since I only gained 20 total with Jayne. Baby is head down and will most likely stay that way. He or she has been in this position for weeks now but I could never figure out if I was feeling a butt, head or feet etc. So I finally remembered to ask the doctor and I've definitely been feeling feet in my ribs (not totally comfortable as you can imagine). I thought the baby was head down b/c when he/she hiccups I was feeling them in my lower belly, but honestly I was so wrong with what I thought I was feeling with Jayne that I didn't trust my own instincts! Its fun to know whats what =) The baby will still pivot around but shouldn't completely flip since he/she is too big now.
I got a little more nervous this week when a friend of mine delivered her baby 7 weeks early. It kind of kick started me into nesting mode *just in case*. I've got a pile of clothes to wash (girl newborn stuff and a few generic outfits we had from Jayne), the closet is beginning to be organized and I have a list of things we need to buy before baby arrives. I'll probably start packing my bag and baby's bag or at least making a check list in the next week or two. We also have to get our plan in place for Jayne and a "what if" plan in case Jared is out of town. Yikes, I don't even want to consider that but he will be traveling a little in January & February so it is a possibility, especially if baby comes early.
Speaking of Jared's work schedule...he is now working from home when he is in town. He bought a desk for the playroom upstairs with his Christmas money and brought home all his files and stuff last week so he has been working hard to get that room set up. It will definitely be an adjustment for all of us, but so far this week has been pretty good. Jayne definitely wants to see daddy a lot but I can usually distract her with toys and its nice to see him when he takes breaks. It will also free me up to be able to run errands or go to lunch during Jayne's nap time since he'll be at the house while she sleeps. I think I might like having him home!
- T -
No comments:
Post a Comment