Sunday, December 26, 2010

We had a wonderful Christmas, and we hope you did too! Jared & I woke Jayne up around 7:30am...I changed her and he got her milk ready. We knew if she went downstairs before eating she wouldn't eat a thing since she would be so distracted. Jared "christmasfied" the house turning the music on, lights, fireplace etc. And he was armed with the video camera as she & I came down the stairs. Jayne's face was priceless. I will never forget the look of pure delight on her face and the smile that light up her eyes. And the first thing she went to??? Not the kitchen standing there ready for her or the bright pink chair from Grandma Jeanee...but her stocking with a little plush Elmo sticking out of it! She LOVED Elmo and pulled him right out and danced around with him!! The video unfortunately is too long to post, but it will be something we will cherish forever!

We let her open the first present and then we each took turns. She opened about half her presents and then was just overwhelmed and not interested so we saved the rest of her presents for after naptime. Jayne played for hours with her little kitchen. She loved the food and pots and pans and now walks around the house going "cook, cook" and loves getting her Daddy "coffee"! As much as we missed the hustle and bustle of being with lots of family and running from one house to another, we enjoyed just hanging around our house all day (most of the time in our PJs!!). It was very relaxing. I made a yummy roast from Jared's aunts recipe and it was delicious. We ate around 3pm and then afterwords we tore down Christmas decorations. Your heard me...tore it down. By 7pm there was not one stitch of Christmas stuff left in our house. I admit...it made me sad. But being eight months pregnant and exhausted I jumped on board with Jared & his mom pretty quickly. And it does feel good not to have that hanging over our heads for the next week or so!

Monkey Bread!!!

 Please excuse the tired looking Momma...this pregnancy is wearing on me or so I notice from all the pictures of myself lately =)
 Hugging Elmo...the pink chair behind her was a gift from Jared's mom. Jayne loves to sit (or climb!!) on it and will sit and feed Elmo a bottle. She is going to be a great big sis!
 Making yummy cookies Christmas afternoon
 Thanks G & G for the tunnel/tent...(she was a little unsure of it at first and we bribed her by throwing Elmo halfway in...now she loves to climb through it!)

 
The best gift we got though was snow!! We woke up this morning to about 3-4 inches of white fluffy snow and it kept up until about 2pm today. We were a little worried for Jared's mom getting home on time but I think her flight was only delayed about an hour. I know she was anxious to get home and get settled before the work week! On our way to the airport and the way home we did a little post Christmas shopping with our gift cards. The stores were deserted b/c of the weather (but the roads weren't bad at all). So we got a ton done and even got home in time for naptime for me & Jayne and playtime for Jared (he got new video games for Christmas!). It's been a wonderful few days and we loved having Jared's mom here for Christmas. Now its back to the "norm" and getting ready for the work week =)

Our snowy house this morning!

Family picture

 When she got to this point she started signing "all done" and "help" to get out of the snow!


 Daddy making Jayne laugh...they have the sweetest love for each other!


- T -

No comments: