I hate storms. H-A-T-E...I've been scared of them my whole life. I remember many nights either crawling in bed with my parents or sleeping on their bedroom floor. And whenever there was a threat of a tornado I would put my dolls and animals in the basement, just in case. And there is always a storm when Jared is out of town. ALWAYS!!! This week was no exception and I am so thankful my mom was here with me. I made her sleep with me and we had the closet under the stairs all ready with water, blankets, food, flashlights, etc in case we needed to grab the girls and hide =) The storms were bad, but not that bad. I did sleep much but both girls and my mom slept great! And we lost power for about eight hours or so.
Tonight we got another round of storms. We got hit with storm after storm. It was really freaky too b/c it would get really dark, the wind would kick up and we'd have lots of thunder and lightening. And then the sun would come out and it would be calm. Then 20 minutes later another part of the storm system would hit. Back and forth, back and forth. I was so scared. And the hail...oh my I've never seen hail this big...we're talking golf ball size. I really try not to let the girls feel my fear. Jayne sleeps through storms, however she was awake when this one started and she become very scared and clingy. I was finally able to read to her during one of the breaks and she actually asked to go to sleep and has slept through the rest of the storms, thankfully. Savannah slept through it all =)
I don't think I will get to sleep for awhile since my nerves are on edge and I'm all jumpy! Here are some picts of what we saw. And our patio furniture and even Jared's huge, heavy grill blew over!
No comments:
Post a Comment