Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Project 365- Days 129 & 130

Savannah playing while Jayne & I clean the stroller


Today a couple friends came over to hang out. Jayne loves Sophie & Leah and had a blast smothering mothering them!!
Whew...yesterday was a long day. But can I just say how happy I am that we are now the proud owners of our FOURTH, yes I said fourth stroller! I finally found a double jogger on craiglsist and met a lady about an hour from our house and it was perfect, albeit a little dirty. So last night I spent an hour or two taking the thing apart and washing everything. This morning we went on our first walk with it and I am SO Happy!! Both girls were do good and seemed to enjoy the trip. Jayne loves that she can touch (and pinch and kick and grab) sissy...I'm sure one day Savannah will return the favor, Ha!!

Last night we had wicked storms. Luckily there wasn't a threat of tornado's otherwise I would have been terrified, but I was awake form about 12:45am until 3am. The girls slept right through thank goodness. But it was constant lightning and thunder for awhile and torrential downpours and wind. I woke up this morning to find that all of our patio furniture (I mean everything!!) was in our neighbors yard. It was a bit hard trying to carry everything back to our patio by myself!! Our umbrella broke but I think it is still usable and our table and chairs are all scratched up. Jared's grill also tipped over even though he had tied and weighted it down. Unfortunately this time it actually broke. The handle that raises and lowers the coals was sheared off and the lid is bowed. He is going to be so upset when he sees it. But again, its only a "thing" and can be replaced. We are lucky there wasn't more damage as trees were down all over town etc.

Our *new* to us stroller!!


The girls...Sophie, Leah, Savannah & Jayne

Today Jayne asked to play with her magnetic letters...so while the mommas and I chatted I gave Jayne her bucket of letters and let her play on the fridge. After a few minutes I get up and see this...I know she probably had no idea what she was doing, but seriously??? She actually correctly spelled "out"!!! I have a genius on my hands!! That and I asked her to put her shoes on and she actually did...on the correct feet! She's done this a few times now. I am so proud!!

 

No comments: