Monday, February 6, 2012

Wow, its been too long since my last post. What have we been up to? Besides trying to keep everyone healthy, we've been having play dates, going to school, organizing/cleaning the house...and deciding to join in on "No Spend February". I came across the idea on a blog I follow and decided that it sounded like a good idea for our family, with modifications. This is probably not the easiest month to do this. We have multiple birthdays, a couple girls trips/days, carpet cleaning etc. But we are budgeting and sticking to it. It will work and we will save money. Thats the goal! I went through our entire fridge/freezer and planned out the entire month for dinners. I get giddy when I look at the calendar =) I'm also cleaning and throwing away any unneeded/wanted items in the house. And trying to sell stuff to make some extra money.

 We went to this really cool kids museum. The girls had so much fun playing/climbing/crawling. 

 Check out those chompers!

 Savannah LOVES to swing!


The girls have been so fun lately...Savannah is taking steps on her own, climbing on everything and just so adorable. She is such a bright light. She laughs at everything and smiles constantly. She is cutting four teeth but is still pretty happy. She has begun to say "night-night" although it comes out more like "ni-ni". She also says momma, dada, rock and signs all done and more. We are working on the signs for milk, please & food/eat. She is on 2% milk now, or "big girl milk" as Jayne calls it! And she is eating mostly table food. She loves feeding herself and gets mad if I come at her with a spoon of anything. She's my feisty, independent one! I cant beleive she is almost one years old!
 The mask Jayne made at the museum

 Dress up area at museum

 Jayne & Brayden's first "date"! We had an impromptu dinner party one night and while they were supervised...there was a lot of this...

 Jayne and some of her besties playing dress up and reading. Love watching these friendships develop! They all act like sisters!

Jayne loves swinging too...Santa brought Brayden a swing set for Christmas and Jayne LOVES going over there. And whenever we see them outside through the window Jayne will knock on the window saying "hey! Hey guys! Lets play!"

Jayne tests us at every turn. She is so independent, but still loves to cuddle and always wants to be held/snuggled. Love that! She hasn't been herself the last couple days. Overly moody & needy...I thought she was "just being two" but she had a fever of 102 (highest ever for her) and was lethargic. I gave her Tylenol and she slept for 3 hrs and woke up happy. But I could tell when the Tylenol wore off. Her fever broke to 99.9 but when I checked on her a little bit ago she felt really warm again. Then she started telling me her tongue hurt but I brushed it off as a funny thing she was saying in turn to my telling her that her breath was stinky. But after today I wonder if she has a sore throat. So off to the dr we went again. I swear I see the doctor more than some of my friends these days! Strep test came back negative but we went ahead and put her on amoxicilian for the fever. She is better now, no fever but complains her ear hurts so its a good thing we are still on the antibiotic! Jayne is learning so much at school and loves to sing and dance. Just last night she recited her first Bible verse from memory...Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another. We were/are so proud!


The girls are so cute together. Savannah is the first person Jayne wants to see in the morning and they are playing so well together for 30-60 minutes at a time. Jayne tries so hard to find something sissy will laugh at and then she runs to me so proud saying "momma, I made sissy laugh!!". I love the sisterly relationship developing =)


No comments: