Wow, talk about pressure! I think one of the hardest things we have to do as parents is name our children. This is the name they will have their whole life...the name they have to take into their adulthood...that is pressure!
Before we even started trying to conceive we talked about names and thought we had them picked out. But as soon as we became pregnant and it became that much more real...our thoughts changed. No more "Pottery Barn" names as Jared calls them (names that sound cute but have no emotional meaning to us). We started researching our family trees for family names (although for the record we have ruled out Jeff, Marilyn, Jeanee, Linda, Jim, Christina, Gary, etc so don't get your hopes up!!!) One of our favorite names we found out is on Jared's side of the family, but was "called" by my brother...Yes, I am bitter, but I agree it does have a nice ring to it! But hopefully you know that now you're going to have all boys, Justin =)
Anyways, what I'm getting to is this is HARD! We are 99% sure we have the boy's first and middle name picked out but the girls name has been harder. I'm 85% agreeable to Jared's favorite girl's name, but its one of those names that needs a strong middle name and nothing we come up with sounds perfect. If Jared like one name I hate it or if I like a name its too "Pottery Barn". And no family name seems to fit. Anyone who has ever named a child has probably done this, so don't lie, but you test out a name by using your best scolding voice and saying "Taylor Lynn, get over here" or "Taylor Lynn go clean your room". It's got to sound right when you do that!
I just keep praying for guidance. The Lord has big things in store for this child, that I am sure of and He already knows what this child's name is...we just have to open our hearts and let the name come. The boys name came to us so easily and just seems like there was no other option...we both had such peace about it. I'm waiting for that same feeling with the girls name. I know it will come but the planner in me wants everything perfect for this child's birth day and that includes having the perfect name.
- T -
Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these
No comments:
Post a Comment