Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Last night my women's Bible study started back up after summer hiatus. I forgot how much I missed meeting over the past few months, granted I was a bit preoccupied!! This is a wonderful group of women from all different stages of life who encourage me to be a better Christian women and set good examples of being a wife and mother. I am extremely blessed to have these women as my friends.

I've always struggled with doing quiet times or "Bible Studies". I am extremely good at coming up with excuses not to...I need to wash dishes, blow dry my hair, take a nap, wash the car...you get the picture. Mainly I feel so inadequate when it comes to the Bible. I'll read the same verse as one of my friends and they will get something so profound out of that one little verse and I'll be sitting there thinking "Huh, where did they get THAT???" I need to continually remind myself that God speaks to each of us differently and that I may read the same verse 50 times in my lifetime and not get anything out of it, until the one day when God needs me to hear or see something in that verse. Then *WHAM* it hits me and I'm like "why in the world did I not get that all the other times I've read it? I'm probably just babbling and not making sense, but it makes sense to me, so.... Anyways, I'm really trying to be diligent about doing a quiet time a couple times a week. I know doing one every day just isn't going to happen. I wont lie to myself...so if I can at least set a goal of a couple times a week and then eventually move to once a day...I'll be happy!

Yesterday I went to the craft store and bought a bunch of ribbon and I'm going to try to tackle making bows sometime today...we'll see how they turn out. I'm really excited about getting a sewing machine and tyring to make some items to sell. I might be kidding myself that people will actually want to buy them, but you never know! And it always worth trying at least once, right??? Jayne is sleeping fitfully for her nap today so I've got to try and get some stuff done before she gets up for good...*sigh* I hate nap time right now...I really do. It it was consistent it would be one thing but I always rush trying to get things done b/c I never know how long she'll stay down. Oh well...we're blessed she sleeps so well at night. I'll stop complaining now =)

- T -

No comments: