Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy First Father's Day to My Love!!!

Jared has mentioned that he doesn't feel entitled to celebrate father's day since he's only been a father for two weeks (can anyone else believe its been two weeks to the day that our beautiful Jayne was born??? I certainly can't!). But I don't believe that...he's been a father for more than nine months. Or at the very least, God has been preparing him to be a father. Jared already thinks like a father...about our future with Jayne and the boys he'll have to chase away and the boy who will one day ask for her hand in marriage. He worries about her, checking on her when she's sleeping...he prays for her health...he thinks about her constantly when he is away (and hopefully he thinks about me too!!!)


Jared has jumped into the father role with such vigor and confidence that I had to do a double take. Its not that I didn't think he would be a great father...I knew he would. Its just that I've seen him around other young babies and he was never relaxed or confident with them. I thought it would take him some time. But with Jayne he acts like he has been around babies his whole life, its second nature to him now. He changes diapers like a pro, comforts her when she cries and cuddles her when she (or he!!) needs it. It is amazing to watch both of their faces when they look at each other. Jayne looks up at Jared with the sweetest face and stares intently into his eyes. And the look Jared has on his face when he looks at her?? I can only hope he looks at me that way as well. Like he would do anything to protect her, love her, be there for her. It melts my heart every time I see them together. His favorite thing is to get her in the morning and lay her on his chest. She just cuddle right into him and lays there content, knowing that Daddy has her and all is right with the world.

I pray daily that they have the type of relationship I have with my father. Jayne is so lucky to have Jared as a father and I am so blessed to be Jared's wife. He is my best friend and I love him to pieces!!!!

- T -

* Happy father's day to my Daddy as well. Thank you for being such a wonderful role model, friend and a perfect father. I love you!! Thank you for all you did for us the past two weeks...can't wait to spend more time with you guys at the beach in a few weeks!!!

No comments: