Monday, June 22, 2009

Jealousy & Schedules

I admit it...I'm jealous. Jealous of my friends who have babies and have their parents in town. What I wouldn't do to just be able to hop over to my parents house to hang out for the afternoon...just to have some company and adult conversation. Its harder than I thought it would be, especially knowing my parents have the summer off and we could be going for walks at Wildwood, walking the mall, going to the pool. Ahhhh, it sucks!! Oh well...next weekend we're headed to Jared's mom's families place on the Ohio river and two weeks after that we're headed to the beach with my brother, sister-in-law, parents & Jared's mom. It'll be interesting experience to be on vacation with a little one, but I know there will be lots of loving arms to hold sweet baby Jayne!!

God has blessed us with a wonderful little girl. She is such a good baby. I've been a little stressed out about getting her on a schedule. ("Baby Wise" anyone???) Baby Wise is a book/system stresses the importance of scheduling your baby around three hour feedings from the beginning of one feeding to the beginning of another. Our Pedi, however, told us to feed every three-four hours from the end of one feeding to the beginning of another. And although I like this better b/c it gives us more time inbetween feedings, she never finishes at the same time and therefore we don't have a set schedule. I would love to say I feed her at 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, etc...its just not working out that way. And yes, I've had a few breakdowns about this and Jared & I have argued about this...but I've given in to the fact that we're not going to have that structured of a schedule. At least not right now. I wake Jayne up every three hours from about 7am to 8pm to eat and then we let her go as long as possible during the night. She is pretty consistent during the night going 4 hrs in between each feeding, but we did sneak in a five hour stretch the other night. She is pretty much like clockwork. I set my alarm for the appropriate time to wake her up, but she always wakes up a little before my alarm. And she is pretty consistent with her feeding time which is still 30-45 minutes total. Supposedly this will decrease as she gets better about breastfeeding.

I am in love with this little girl and still look at her and can't believe she's ours...I mean she is totally Jared's little girl from looks to disposition...but hopefully I'll see a little of myself in her as she gets older. And Jeanee...I think she's going to have curly hair which can only come from you!!!

- T -

No comments: