Friday, June 26, 2009

Today was a busy day...Jayne and I went to our first mommy & me group and ran a bunch of errands. I had so much fun just being around other mommies and their babies today. It was a bit crazy though since group was at 11 and I had to feed Jayne then. She usually stays awake for about 30 minutes and then sleeps for a couple hours, but with all the noise I think she was over stimulated and didn't sleep at all. Straight from group I had to go to the doctor and then to Babies r Us. Jayne was such a trooper and so good...she slept a bit in the car but overall was awake and happy. I only had to give her a paci at BRU for a few minutes as it was getting close to her feeding time. I love this little girl...she is so my child and loves to be on a schedule much to her daddy's dismay!!

Since our pedi told us to feed her every 3-4 hours from the end of one feeding to the beginning of another, Jayne has only been eating six times a day. Every book and many of my friends told me that she should be eating 8-12 times a day so I was a little worried about her growth. I called the doctor and scheduled another weight check just to calm my fears. And the wonderful news is...Jayne is thriving!! She gained 12ozs from last Thursday and the doctor is thrilled with her progress and told me not to change a thing. Jayne eats at 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, 11pm and 3am...this keeps me sane by having a "set" schedule and Jayne is doing so well with her eat, wake, sleep schedule. I could not be happier! The doctor said not to be concerned that she only eats six times a day and that just means she is an efficient nurser. Way to go baby girl!!!

Tomorrow is a "big" day for me...I'm going to start pumping once a day so that we can build up a supply of milk for trips and date nights and of course for Jared to feed Jayne a bottle when he wants to. I'm a little nervous about starting b/c I just don't know what to do...but we'll get the hang of it!! Its amazing the amount of stuff you need to pump and store milk...and expensive!! I originally bought a single pump but both the pedi & lactation consultant told me to get a double pump (think double the expense) so I exchanged pumps today, bought storage bags, bottles etc...wow, thank goodness for gift cards (and the wonderful people who gave them to us!!).
Sunday marks Jayne's three week birthday...I can't believe it. Is my baby really three weeks old already? I was telling Jared today that she already doesn't fit the same in my arms when I'm nursing. Both her head and feet touch the arms which they didn't when we first brought her home. It makes me sad to think she's already growing up so fast. I'm afraid to blink and miss something! Little Miss is so perfect...these past three weeks have been wonderful. She has eaten like a champ, slept great (only a couple "bad" nights) and been an overall happy, sweet baby. We have been so blessed. God knew what we needed and gave us our sweet little angel and we only pray that she continues to grow and thrive!

- T -

No comments: