Friday, April 29, 2011

Project 365- Day 118


My sweet girl all dressed up and ready for MOPS! This is one of my favorite dressses for the girls and Savannah has almost outgrown it already. She is so much bigger than her sister was at this age and is already wearing mostly 3-6 months!!

So today was a big day for me. I started working out again. I need to. As much as a dread working out, I always have more energy, and lets face it I still have a few areas of my body I'd like to work on and tone! My friend Allison and I met this morning at 615 at our neighborhood gym. Ugh, thank goodness I have a workout buddy or I would have rolled over and went back to sleep! Our husbands try to work out together a few nights a week once the kids go down and so Al and I decided we should too. Chris & Allison are kind of like personal trainers. They were both D1 athletes in college and had to work out a ton so they are teaching us all kinds of weight work outs and things to try. Its really nice and it definitely didn't feel bad although I know I will be sore tomorrow!

With Jared's work/travel schedule I will only have a couple days a week where I can work out since he obviously has to be home to watch the girls. And today I really regretted my decision not to get a double jogger stroller. I LOVE the double sit in stand I bought...its great for going to the store and running around town. But the wheels just aren't good enough for our neighborhood since the roads are so bad with all the construction. And I can't use this stroller on the greenways b/c they aren't paved. I'm feeling stuck. I love going for walks and would walk daily when Jayne was a baby so its hard for me not to be able to do this. Plus when Jared is gone I can't work out (and he travels a lot). I've looked on craigslist but can't find one that will work for us (it needs to fold somewhat easily and have seats that recline so I can use it now with Savannah). I have tried putting Jayne in our Chicco single stroller which has slightly larger wheels than my sit in stand and wearing Savannah in the front pack, but it kills my back and I can't really get a good workout that way. So tomorrow a friend and I are going garage saleing so I hope to find a double jogger then.

I never knew a discussion on strollers could get so heated. Jared was so upset when I mentioned I wanted to get a double jogger. Not only for the money, but b/c it would be our 4th stroller. Trust me, I see his point. We'll have to move a car out of the garage just for stroller storage!! When I was pregnant with Jayne and we registered, we were only thinking about her and not the future. It never crossed our minds at the time that we would need a double stroller, etc. I recommend to all my pregnant friends that if you plan on having more than one kid, get one of the slightly more expensive strollers that can convert to a double stroller down the road. Had I known these existed (maybe they did a couple years ago?? I don't remember) I would have totally gone down that road instead.

Anyways...all that to say I'm really excited about getting back in shape and even enjoying working out. It is after all becoming bikini season and I dont want to scare people =)

No comments: