Tuesday, April 26, 2011

They Call Me Mommy

I LOVE MY JOB. I was made to be a mommy. Yes, my days are crazy. Yes, our days never look the same which drives this type-A, schedule/planning momma crazy. Yes, having kids 20 months apart is HARD. But I love my girls. I love the smiles and hugs. I love hearing Jayne ask for "sissy" first thing every day. I love watching their love for each other grow. And how Savannah smiles in response to Jaynes "loving" pounces. And I am so hopeful they will be best friends as they grow up. My two girls are as different as night and day. Both in size and personality and I can't wait to see what the teach each other over the years.

Jayne is flourishing. Her vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds and just the other day she started saying small sentences. Only moms can truly appreciate how proud I was when she said "mommy, I got poo-poo"!!!! Ha. We are working hard on manners and sharing. Now that she and Brayden play more, they are getting into the "mine" stage and both Jennifer and I are constantly telling them to share. Its so hard for the two year old mind to grasp! Jayne continues to be a great eater. Unfortunately we gave her "treats" (ie. M & M's or cookies) to get her to take her meds a couple months ago when she had her ear infection and now she always asks for them. Although tonight I was making her edamamme and a few frozen pieces fell to the floor where she promptly grabbed them, shoved them in her mouth and smiles saying "treat". Yes, baby girl if you want frozen edammame instead of M & M's, you got it!!! Jayne loves to give hugs and kisses. Her best hugs are when you don't even ask for them and she just comes up and grabs you around the neck and squeezes. Melt this mommas heart! She is so sweet and I'm seeing a compassionate side emerge lately. She is always concerned when sissy cries or when Brayden does (whether she caused it or not!). She gets this sweetest look on hr face and looks to me for confirmation that they are indeed okay. I pray the Lord cultivates this in her heart as she grows. She is also still sleeping great, taking one 2 hr nap in the afternoon and then sleeping from 7pm-730am. The break is wonderful as she is one busy girl. She is always on the move and wants to be outside all day long. She is going to be golden brown by the end of summer!


Savannah...oh my sweet big girl! She is such a happy baby. I think she doesn't sleep during the day b/c she wants to be part of the action. She could be screaming in her crib, I go get her and she flashes the biggest, gummy smile. And when I wake her up in the morning (she is NOT a morning person, just like her daddy!) I have to do it softly and slowly and she'll wake up all smiles. If I wake her too suddenly...watch out, this girl has a set of lungs on her!!!! She has been sleeping 11-12 hrs straight at night and is usually asleep by 730pm. She goes down without crying (PTL) and only cries if she has a gassy tummy. During the day I've been trying to watch for her sleepy signs and will put her down as soon as I see her yawn. Her am nap is getting better and she will stay down for 45-60 minutes. The rest of the day is give or take. She may sleep in the swing for a little bit and will finish her nap in the Bjorn. So we're working on it. But honestly, having baby sleep as well as she does at night is worth it. Savannah coo's all the time. I wonder whats going on in that sweet little head of hers. She'll lay on her gym mat and coo at her toys. I actually got some of it on tape today! We are working on tummy time, but like most babies, she's not big on it! It is hard to believe that she wasn't here two and a half months ago. I can't imagine our family without her!

I am so thankful that the girls go down as early as they do. It allows Jared & I to have our own time at night which is so important for our relationship. Whether we sit on the patio with a glass of wine and play backgammon or we do our own things...down time is a blessing and we realize that! I'm learning to give myself grace during this season in life. I am a perfectionist by nature and I'm learning to let things go. The house may not always be clean, the laundry may pile up and there may be dishes in the sink. But I got to play with my girls today and love on them and that's what matters. And I pray for patience constantly throughout the day. Without it, I wouldn't survive. But I wouldn't change a thing about my life. God is so good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a sweet post....love this! You are a GREAT Mommy :)

Sarah said...

This was a great post!! Your a great mom :)